Strategic HR Leader
Fundation is a high growth, private equity backed credit solutions company focused on digitizing the delivery of credit and other financial products to the small business market nationally. Fundation recognized as the market leader in providing technology and application processing services to support more than 25 super-regional, regional and community banks in their small business lending programs. Fundation’s solutions enable its financial services clients to develop a digital lending capability, provide a great customer experience, drive cost efficiency into their small business lending program, and maximize the number of customers they can serve.
We also serve as a lender, delivering our credit products through a network of partners, ranging from simple referral partnerships to customized, integrated lending programs with an array of B2B companies.
For more information, please visit www.fundation.com.
The strategic HR leader role is intended to help the company achieve the next evolution in our growth, maintain our corporate culture and ensure the overall well-being of our human capital. We have a fully built-out HR function today that manages the full scope of administrative HR services. We are looking for someone who can recommend new approaches, policies or procedures to continue to improve our company and the services we provide for our employees.
In addition to the traditional compensation, benefit and performance management responsibilities, this role will have a strong focus on leading our strategic recruitment efforts and further developing performance/career management. He/she will work closely with our management team to source, identify, screen/assess, interview, make recommendations, and work with managers to hire a team of top performers. As a growing company with offices in Reston, VA and New York City, recruiting is among our most critical functions. We believe in the phrase, “getting the right people on the bus” and are seeking to build a great company comprised of smart, motivated and fun people.
- Lead recruitment efforts (full-cycle recruitment), new hire orientation/on-boarding, benefits enrollment, and process relevant paperwork including prescreening background checks
- Manage employee relations and support employees on a wide range of HR inquiries
- Manage PTO tracking, leaves of absences, termination process, exit interviews
- Maintain employee records in accordance to company policy
- Serve as a catalyst for change management to ensure consistency in communication and alignment of company objectives
- Conduct 90-day check-in meetings for new employees
- Advise and coach key leaders on matters related to talent management, competency requirements, workforce planning, leadership selection, executive coaching, performance management, retention, succession planning, etc.
- Support compliance programs (e.g., EEO/AA, ADA, FLMA, WC, etc.) to ensure legal and corporate policy compliance in all Fundation employment practices
- Execute employee engagement surveys and analyze results - currently 3x/year
- Consult with management to ensure that employees are compensated appropriately and equitably
- Develop internal performance review/feedback and career management process with key metrics around employee engagement and retention
Perform other-HR related duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Business, Human Resources, or a related field
- Professional Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) certification a plus
- Ten or more years of experience in human resources with at least five years in a generalist role
- Five or more years of experience in full-cycle recruitment, with experience in assessment/testing a plus
- Experience handling HR in an entrepreneurial environment a huge plus
- Extensive knowledge of current employment-related laws and best practices in human resource processes
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems
- Experience with Application Tracking Systems, Workable preferred
- Skillful in written and oral communication, including persuasive negotiation skills
- Strong conceptual thinking skills and the ability to utilize creative and innovative approaches in problem solving
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional demeanor
- Experience gathering data and developing reports
- Analytical and able to develop alternative solutions in solving problems
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Salary and bonus commensurate with experience and capabilities
- Comprehensive benefits package including generous health, dental, vision, 401K with company match
- Working with a highly experienced and motivated team to build the best-in-class digital commercial lending platform in the United States
- Reston, Virginia, with occasional travel to our New York City office
- Our benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- Outstanding medical benefits package including health, dental, vision and insurance
- 401K with generous company match and vesting schedule
- Competitive PTO and a unique ½ day with work from home option before major federal holidays such as Memorial Day, Labor Day, Day before Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
- Opportunity to work with a veteran team of leaders building a great brand
Fundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fundation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.