Business Analyst/Manager - FinTech Company
Fundation is a high growth, private equity backed technology enabled online commercial lender dedicated to enhancing the borrowing process for small business owners across the United States. We are changing the landscape of lending to small and medium sized businesses nationwide through a streamlined, data-driven, digital lending process.
We deliver our credit products through a network of partners, offering the equivalent of a bank loan but through a technology-enabled process that can deliver capital in as little as 2 business days. Our standard product is a fixed rate, 1-4 year fully amortizing term installment loan (similar to a car loan or mortgage) with no prepayment penalties. Because we use our own capital (a balance sheet lender), we employ risk-based pricing to lend to businesses with varying credit profiles and for various purposes – working capital, inventory, capital improvements, equipment purchases, expansion of facilities, acquisitions and ownership related events. We do not sell our loans and we control the servicing throughout the life of the loan.
Our partners include banks and other financial institutions, business brokers, business advisors, vendors of supplies, equipment, and services; online service providers, software providers and professional service firms. In each partnership, we customize our product offering and our delivery model to meet the needs of each unique partner and its customers. Our partnerships range from customized vendor financing programs, discrete transaction/deal assistance, fully integrated lending platforms, and customer cross-sell through coordinated marketing programs.
As a Business Analyst/Manager at Fundation you will be responsible to use analytical skills to solve open-ended, complex business problems. The ideal candidate will be interested in working for a private equity backed FinTech company and be a self-driven, high performer in a fast-paced startup environment, who interacts with department heads throughout the Company.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis/Modeling: Analyze the business data to generate relevant, actionable insights and make strategic and tactical recommendations
- Innovation: Leverage emerging technologies and critical thinking skills to continually innovate and automate existing methodologies, processes and reporting. Design, develop, test, and implement new products and solutions
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues and senior leaders in Credit, Finance, IT, Operations and other areas to provide insights that drive business results
- BA/BS degree or equivalent preferably in analytical fields such as Math, Data Science, Business, Engineering etc
- At least 1 year experience in quantitative analysis
- Communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication skills, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive consensus around complex decisions
- Strategic & analytic thinking: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Logical skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the role is requires rigorous analytics & credit risk management. Furthermore, you will have ability to see both big picture and small details at the same time
- Result orientation: Focus on achieving both short and long term goals. Ability to work in a fast paced start up environment with thin data to deliver results
- Master’s Degree in analytical fields or MBA
- 2+ years of experience in quantitative analysis
- 1+ years of experience in project management
- 1+ years of experience in financial service firms or in consulting
- Experience or strong inclination to work in start up firms
- Experience using SQL Python R Excel etc
- Exact job title will depend on experience
- Salary and bonus commensurate with experience and capabilities
- Comprehensive benefits package including generous health, dental, vision, 401K with company match
Fundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fundation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.