Credit Analyst/Underwriter - FinTech
Technology is transforming the consumer and small business lending markets and this is your chance to have a seat at the forefront of these dynamic markets. In this position, you will become an expert in “light touch” judgmental small business credit decisions using highly advanced analytics, third party and proprietary data. You will also learn how to apply aggregation (big data), automation and analytics to making credit decisions and managing a loan portfolio. We are a fast growing private equity backed company seeking to add a passionate, hard working professional to join our credit department. This is an opportunity to work for a company with a highenergy, collaborative culture where your opinion matters on all functional areas within the business and to interact with the senior management team.
Fundation is a high growth, private equity backed technology enabled online commercial lender dedicated to enhancing the borrowing process for small business owners across the United States. We are changing the landscape of lending to small and medium sized businesses nationwide through a streamlined, data-driven, digital lending process.
We deliver our credit products through a network of partners, offering the equivalent of a bank loan but through a technology-enabled process that can deliver capital in as little as 2 business days. Our standard product is a fixed rate, 1-4 year fully amortizing term installment loan (similar to a car loan or mortgage) with no prepayment penalties. Because we use our own capital (a balance sheet lender), we employ risk-based pricing to lend to businesses with varying credit profiles and for various purposes – working capital, inventory, capital improvements, equipment purchases, expansion of facilities, acquisitions and ownership related events. We do not sell our loans and we control the servicing throughout the life of the loan.
Our partners include banks and other financial institutions, business brokers, business advisors, vendors of supplies, equipment, and services; online service providers, software providers and professional service firms. In each partnership, we customize our product offering and our delivery model to meet the needs of each unique partner and its customers. Our partnerships range from customized vendor financing programs, discrete transaction/deal assistance, fully integrated lending platforms, and customer cross-sell through coordinated marketing programs.
- Make expedient but prudent investment decisions
- Work closely with our senior credit team to continually optimize our credit policies and strategies
- Make logical decisions on when to supplement data beyond what is collected from our software platform
- Structure transactions according to the corporate profile and risk profile of each customer
- Design credit solutions for customers and ultimately close the deal
- Conduct yourself consistent with the Company’s core values of teamwork, execution, integrity, and a focus on a positive customer experience.
- 2+ years of work experience in a role that requires financial statement analysis, accounting or the research and evaluation of a variety of different business models
- Knowledge of the credit and/or capital markets
- Well versed in financial products and services
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- A thirst for knowledge
- Disciplined thinker
- Team player
- Salary commensurate with experience and capabilities
- Performance based bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Working with an incredible team
- Free and Healthy Snacks
Fundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fundation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.