Relationship Manager/Inside Sales - FinTech Company
Fundation is a fast growing private equity backed commercial lender dedicated to enhancing the borrowing process for small business owners across the United States. As a technology-empowered lender, we can make faster and smarter lending decisions. As a non-bank lender, we can deliver capital to more borrowers with varying credit profiles.
We are seeking to add a passionate, hard-working professional to join our growing sales department in Reston, VA. This is an opportunity to work for a company with a high-energy, collaborative culture where your opinion matters.
The Relationship Manager will have the opportunity to develop strategic selling skills by building strong relationships with current and new customers. This position will allow you to build your business acumen and financial product knowledge to develop your career at Fundation Group LLC. This role will be responsible for:
- Fielding inbound calls and emails from customers, bankers, and other partners regarding the Fundation application process, product offerings, status updates, and other general questions about the intricacies of various partnerships.
- Using a consultative sales approach to get a sense of exactly what the customer is trying to accomplish and then making sure they are applying for the right product to meet those needs.
- Educating applicants about Fundation credit solutions including being able to explain the different product offerings and the benefits of each.
- Develop and manage relationships with small business clients, bankers, and partners to implement financing that fits the customer’s business needs.
- Having a broad understanding of credit risk and how it affects an application.
- Balancing the expectations of what applicants are looking for versus the reality of what they may qualify for.
- Partnering with various internal teams (credit, legal, compliance) to address complex issues and come up with resolutions.
- Using proactive and reactive selling skills to close small business loans and lines of credit.
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience, preferably on the phone, and in the finance, banking, and/or mortgage industry.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Verifiable experience excelling in a fast-paced production environment
- Sense of urgency is a must
- Excellent phone communications skills
- Must be detail oriented, organized and possess a strong focus on always improving the customer experience
- Ability to multi-task, manage competing priorities and balance administrative vs. selling activities
- Enthusiastic team-centric personality
- Desire to learn, grow and be coached
- Computer proficiency and experience with CRM systems
- Competitive salary and commission plan
- 401K with company match
- Competitive Paid Time Off with an additional five ½ day work-from-home options prior to holidays
- Health, dental, vision and life Insurance with generous company match
- Continuing Education reimbursement
- Comprehensive Training Program with potential for growth
Fundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fundation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.