Director of Compliance - FinTech
Technology is transforming the consumer and small business lending markets and this is your chance to have a seat at the forefront of these dynamic markets.
We are a leading online direct lending company with offices in Northern Virginia and New York City that provides small business loans to businesses nationwide, using credit and business process automation.
The Compliance Manager will be responsible for executing risk-based compliance transaction testing for the purpose of independently validating adherence to lending regulations including but not limited to BSA/AML, ECOA/Reg. B, FCRA, SCRA, and UDAAP. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, an ability to anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business, and the flexibility to simultaneously manage a wide range of projects.
- Test transactions for adherence to company policies and applicable laws, including documenting the testing approach and plan, communication with internal business partners, determining appropriate sample size and coordinating the information request process required for testing completion.
- Support risk assessment activities.
- Perform targeted, transaction testing for borrower side compliance requirements
- Evaluate issues identified, including root cause, and draft recommendations to improve policies, procedures, potential efficiencies, and controls.
- Prepare work-papers according to the company’s Compliance Management System.
Participate in additional projects as needed.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the lending industry in a compliance role (preferably with a bank).
- Must have strong working knowledge of lending laws and regulations, such as ECOA/Reg. B, FCRA, UDAP/UDAAP, TCPA, SCRA, FDCPA
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable with balancing multiple, competing priorities and changes in scope/direction.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- 2 years of testing controls – compliance, audit, risk or related field.
- AML specialist certification or experience identifying suspicious activities and filing suspicious activity reports.
- CRCM designation.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Performance based bonus
- Working with an incredible team